Title of session: Academic Library Advocacy from the Frontline.
Presenter: Camila Alire
- Advocacy, articulating the value of libraries, librarians, and library support staff. Alire is concerned about our ability to do this. Interested in looking at power of personal persuasion and self-confidence, which needs to be developed.
- We need parallel advocacy for academic libraries. Library administrators on one side; academic librarians and staff on the other.
- "Action. . .is best implemented by individuals who have a frame of reference on which to build advocacy." --Sandra Kaplan.
- (Her bragging moment: getting 700K added to her library's base budget at U. of New Mexico. To which I think, must be nice.)
- Check the ACRL Toolkit. (I think she was referring to the advocacy one, but you can find that and others here.)