Adriene Lim, of Portland State University, was the presenter. (This was the last presentation I attended in terms of concurrent sessions).
- The presentation discussed results of a survey asking research questions to determine how welcoming the library was.
- Context: Library as place.
- Libraries adding value to educational experiences and to academic institution, but how are libraries affecting students' success rates, retention, etc.? (actually, this is a question I would like to ask and explore for my library as well).
- Libraries serve significant social roles--perhaps affecting students of color more so than their White counterparts.
- Situated in large urban centers.
- Culturally, socially and academically diverse.
- Committed to promoting diversity among student body, faculty and staff.
- Expanding access and affordability of postsecondary education.